Who Is Authentix
As the authority in authentication solutions, Authentix brings enhanced visibility and traceability to today’s complex global supply chains. For over 25 years, Authentix has provided clients with physical and software-enabled solutions to detect, mitigate, and prevent counterfeiting and other illicit trading activity for currency, excise taxable goods, and branded consumer products.
Through a proven partnership model and sector expertise, clients experience custom solution design, rapid implementation, consumer engagement, and complete program management to ensure product safety, revenue protection, and consumer trust for the best-known global brands on the market.
Headquartered in Addison, Texas USA, Authentix, Inc. has offices in the North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia, and Africa serving clients worldwide.
To safeguard the integrity of global commerce by delivering innovative authentication solutions.
Governments: Authentix works with governments to ensure authentic products are sold in-country to benefit law abiding citizens – not criminals. Fuel Integrity and Excise Tax Recovery programs enable governments to collect more excise taxes without raising taxes for the benefit of citizens and legitimate industries.
Central Banks: Authentix develops and implements advanced, Level 3 authentication technologies and high-speed sensors. These solutions safeguard banknote security and support quality initiatives, providing central banks greater flexibility to maximize control and increase efficiencies in their operations.
Brand Owners: Authentix’s advanced authentication solutions protect manufacturers in the health and beauty, pharmaceutical, consumer goods, wine & spirits, oil and gas, and agrochemical industries. These solutions mitigate risks to promote revenue growth and gain competitive advantage, protecting both the brand and product in complex supply and distribution chains.
Authentix has a long history of providing effective authentication solutions to Fortune 500 and government customers. Authentix was formed in 2003 from the merger of US-based Isotag and UK-based Biocode, combining two of the authentication industry’s leading players. Authentix has since continued to grow by offering customers comprehensive authentication solutions.
- In 1992, Biocode became independent from Royal Dutch Shell following its earlier formation in 1989.
- Isotag was formed in 1996 by acquiring technology developed by Los Alamos National Labs.
- In early 2003, additional acquisitions were made to augment the Authentix technology portfolio, specifically its security ink and packaging expertise.
- In November 2003, Authentix was born from the merger of Isotag and Biocode.
- In early 2008, Authentix was purchased by an investment group led by The Carlyle Group and J.H. Whitney, Inc. enabling the company to continue its growth strategy.
- In 2017, Authentix was purchased by Blue Water Energy to further grow Authentix’s position as the authority in Authentication Solutions.
- In 2019, United Kingdom based entity, Authentix Limited acquired Security Print Solutions Limited (“SPS”), an industry leader in providing high security print solutions.
- In 2020, Authentix acquired Traceless Authentication Group, an industry leader in anti-counterfeiting and diversion control to global clientele in the pharmaceuticals, spirits, and apparel industries.
- In 2021, Authentix expands further into digital security technologies with the acquisition of Strategic IP Information Pte. Ltd. (SIPI), Asia’s leading online brand and content rights protection provider.
- In 2023, Authentix acquires Royal Joh. Enschedé (RJE), a leading specialty printing and security solutions provider based in the Netherlands.