Full Lifecycle Solutions to Facilitate the Collection of Excise Taxes
When designing a Tax Stamp program that will maximize the customer’s ROI, numerous factors must be taken into consideration to ensure the correct combination of technologies, applications, and modalities. In addition, a deep understanding of how these technologies will fit within the production environment of the manufacturers is critical.
Most customers desire a machine-readable feature. Authentix offers many marker options, and assesses the needs of each customer to determine the best solution:
- Should the marker include a forensic additive?
- Should the marker be combined with an overt element such as an optically variable ink?
- Should the marker integrate the feature into an existing print feature or into a serialization feature (barcode)?
Once the type of markers and security features are defined, Authentix helps the customer select the best electro-optical system that will ensure reliable and seamless detection of the machine readable features and bar code symbology. Each customer’s unique desires and information flow determines the appropriate device selection. Authentix can respond with an industry-leading solution in many permutations. An example of some of the options are the following:
- Using a BYOD (Bring-Your-Own-Device) strategy for bar code decryption and reading to leverage existing devices
- Using a dedicated device for ink authentication and bar code decryption and reading to provide enhanced security
- Using a single device with can provide both barcode reading with marker authentication
Authentix or its strategic partner also assists the customer in deploying the desired tax stamp modality. Whether a purely digital mark, a paper stamp, or a hybrid solution, Authentix integrates its technology into the existing infrastructure, ensuring minimal disruption to the program. Authentix also offers printing consultation to fine-tune marker dispersion and ensure a high level of quality and repeatability in the field.
After the solution is selected, integrated, and deployed, Authentix provides best-in-class analytics and sample management software that is tailored to the customer’s needs. Authentix e-commerce systems are currently deployed and managing the marking, application, and sampling of more than one billion tax stamps per year.