Authentix has a long history of providing effective authentication solutions to Fortune 500 and government customers. Authentix was formed in 2003 from the merger of US-based Isotag and UK-based Biocode, combining two of the authentication industry’s leading players. Authentix has since continued to grow by offering customers comprehensive authentication solutions.
- In 1992, Biocode became independent from Royal Dutch Shell following its earlier formation in 1989.
- Isotag was formed in 1996 by acquiring technology developed by Los Alamos National Labs.
- In early 2003, additional acquisitions were made to augment the Authentix technology portfolio, specifically its security ink and packaging expertise.
- In November 2003, Authentix was born from the merger of Isotag and Biocode.
- In early 2008, Authentix was purchased by an investment group led by The Carlyle Group and J.H. Whitney, Inc. enabling the company to continue its growth strategy.
- In 2017, Authentix was purchased by Blue Water Energy to further grow Authentix’s position as the authority in Authentication Solutions.