Best Practices for Creating a Sustainable Pharmaceutical Brand Protection Program
A successful, mature brand protection program is able to drive out available counterfeits and increase revenues. That success can be sustained only when the various attributes of the program are developed and operate continuously.
Authentix has over 20 years of experience protecting brands from counterfeiting and diversion. Here are the best practices that history shows work very well for our pharmaceutical customers:
- Mark the invaluable official brand materials and / or products with both overt and covert technologies and start now, as it can take time to fill up the supply chain with ‘marked’ product so that it may be monitored in the field
- Investigate downstream within the supply chain including distribution inspections; conduct audits to detect official brand products vs. counterfeits
- Select technology that can capture test results and locations from the field, aggregate it with data from other sources and provide the insight to take action
- Promote the existence of the anti-counterfeit and product protection program openly to the markets
- Continuously review potential improvements to the program by evaluating the technologies and methods, investigative tools and techniques, and when necessary update the program